Thursday, April 5, 2012

What Are You Grateful For?

I admit it, I use my blog as a brain dump for all the negativity I feel some days.  It's not always the optimistic place I want it to be.  I'm sure any person with internet access knows the concept of a Gratitude Blog.  So here we are.

I spend a lot of time looking at other people's lives with a bad taste in my mouth.  I feel envious.  I feel inferior.  But most significantly, I forget to look at the beauty in my own life.  I forget to be thankful for what I have.  Because when it comes right down to it I am pretty blessed.  There are so many days when I know my life is passing me by, but fail to do anything about it.  I don't even know what to do about it. I just know I don't want to look back in ten or twenty or forty years and feel like it was all a blur and that I wasted all of it.  I'm in my (very) late twenties and this decade went way too quickly.  I didn't stop often enough and mark a spot in my memory.  My daughter was born just yesterday and in three months she'll be five.  Five!  I feel like I am missing the whole show. 

This blog is a spot for me to leave my negativity behind and just feel positive things.  Optimistic things.  Here, I want to mark moments in my life that I want to remember forever.  I want to remember to be GRATEFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment