Sunday, April 8, 2012

Reason 2: This Little Lady

This little lady is Raja.  She was my first pet I got as a grown-up at 18 years old.  A present from a long-gone ex boyfriend.  She is now 11.5 years old (you do the math) and as spunky as ever.  She stoicly insists on being an indoor cat.  I can leave the front door open for hours, and the other cats and dogs may leave, but she would never step a foot outside.  She likes peace and quiet and warmth.  She has never budged an inch from her hatred of dogs, but adores the Kiddo and often moves onto her bed at night.  We have been through 7 residences together and 3 boyfriends together.  Two dogs, two other cats, a lost child, and now a four year old little girl who likes to drape her with plastic dress-up jewelry and carry her around like a baby.  Jerry has been around for the last seven years, but she ultimately considers him a distant second to me.  I am so glad she and I have been together this long, and I hope we have many more years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment